Monday 22 May 2006

Meme - people

This is a great meme. I wont tag anyone, but have a go if you so choose...

Write 15 things about 15 separate people, but don't name them. They can be things you were too shy to tell people, things you wish you could tell them, or things you hate about them. Anything.

1. You're the one who told me to write a song about us. I missed you everyday, I woke up crying, I wondered why I wasn't enough. I felt you in places you'd never been, kept remembering memories that I'd made up in my head to the point where I even felt violated by them.
But then I decided that I was the only one stuck in that kiss.
You were so very beautiful and that meant you had it way too easy. Distance was too much for you.
I never wrote that song.

2. I'm sorry. It's been years and you probably don't even think of me. But I think of you because you were the first boy who cried because of me. I didn't want to break your heart. I was just too childish to tell you the truth. I'd probably appreciate you a whole lot more these days. You were great to talk to. You listened and really tried to understand me. Thank you.

3. I miss you. For so many years, we've been the same. And now we're not.

4. You're my stillness, my hope, my joy. I breathe you in every moment I can. You still don't really know me and I've come to the conclusion that you can't and never will. But you're so very precious with the light of angels shining from your heart.
I will protect you with my life.

5. I want more for you. I want you to look in the mirror and see yourself and realise that if you don't change, nothing else will. I know how much it hurts that he's gone, but he won't come back until you know that you don't have to always be right.

6. I had a huge crush on you for years back then. I know you liked me too. Being shy is silly, huh?

7. You frustrate me and we all try so hard for you but you're killing yourself. You are more than what you think you are. I wish you could see that I understand. I wish you could realise that we're just trying to help you. Me and you - we're the same really, I just show it differently.
I know you better than you think.

8. I thought I knew you but I had it so very wrong. There's more in me, you know, more things that even you don't know. "You'll never see the poetry you stirred in me..." I refuse to reveal anything more if I don't know who I can trust anymore. All I know is that it's just the middle of this journey and I've already been left with a permanent scar.

9. I know you think I'm not affectionate enough. Too distant. Too self-absorbed. If only you knew how much I think of you all. How much all of it worries me. How much I care. I'm sorry that I don't have the ability to share those feelings. I've never been very good at it. On the other hand, in other ways, you know me well - stop using it against me.

10. I don't trust you. I know I'm your favourite but as much as I'm like you, I'm also so very unlike you. I know the way you think because I work the same. But I expected better from you. I can be gruff and cynical too, but I'm not cruel. Not really. Not like you.

11. I stopped being fun, didn't I? It's a pity you could only do fun. I guess I got too boring, too serious for you. It dried up when I stopped flirting with you and that that's the moment I realised that I'm more than just some flirt-buddy. I really looked up to you, you know. But you never said what you really thought - you just hid behind a showy, loud persona. But thanks for all the influences - I learnt a lot.

12. You let him bleed your soul away. You can't keep bleeding for him forever, my girl. You were so very silly but you knew me. I know you care about me but you were never very good at having friends. So I guess we'll drift apart and together forever.

13. I'm sorry for taking what wasn't mine. I know you don't know me but you have to know that I didn't mean to. It was given to me and a good girl never refuses a gift, does she?

14. I should do more because I know you don't have much time. I keep saying that I will. And I keep wasting time. I will try to do it tomorrow.

15. You will learn to be happy again. You will keep learning, girl. You're stronger than you ever thought possible. "One day she won't love you too. It will break your heart."


8 comments:

deemacgee said...

Woah... powerful.

*hugs*

Jill said...

Wow. Love it.

NWJR said...

I stole this for my blog.

Fantastic!

Kira said...

Cool idea! I like it, but I'm just not sure I'm too shy to tell anybody what I really think. I think anybody reading my blog on my list would know right away which one applied...haha!

Anonymous said...

Stole it for my blog too, but in my fervor to go write (inspired totally by you), I forgot to leave a comment.

Canoes under my shoes said...

Very good. I'm too transparent to do it on my blog.

BarbaraMG said...

Fantastic! You should write poetry. :)

Jezzy said...

Thanks for the lovely comment, people. For those who posted this meme on their own blogs - I enjoyed reading your words.