Tuesday 22 July 2008

Farewell

The week-long World Youth Day celebrations were so fantastic.

I'm so happy to have the chance to have experienced it - it really was
one of the most unique cultural crowd celebration that I've ever taken
part in. We camped out under the stars at Randwick on Saturday night,
along with around 300,000 others. It was cold but happy and the people
we met were just lovely. It was so inspirational to meet other young
people from all around the world. On Sunday morning, I couldn't
believe that I ran into a good friend of mine, amongst the 400,000
people gathered for the final Mass. The Pope was just lovely and his
words were very thoughtful.

I think it's really cool to have been part of such a huge Mass. It was
so beautifully done. And even as it changed languages (including
Vietnamese, Italian, Sudanese, Latin and English) and music styles
(including Gregorian, four-part vocal, contemporary, Gospel and
Polynesian) thoughout, the thought struck me that anywhere in the
world, the Catholic Mass remains the same. It's universal, but with
local flavour. That's so cool.

What a great experience. So very joyful. It's sad that it's over.


Dear reader, I have to say that my blogging has been rather limited
lately. Actually, it's been that way for the last two years. I simply
feel a lot more settled and at peace these days (despite the ongoing
drama in the background of my life!) and don't feel the need to have a
ranting-board right now.
Please know that I do still read all the blogs on my blogroll, even if
I don't always comment.

This is not a final goodbye from me - I am a bit more interactive on
Facebook these days and I'd love to add you as a friend.
Please email me at jezzygirl[at]gmail.com to get my name.

Jezzy
x

2 comments:

Mr. Guinness said...

..."parting is such sweet sorrow,..." I've completely enjoyed your blogs and plugged you in as a "friend" on "facebook". Good luck to both of you.
Mr. Guinness

general_boy said...

Oh no! Don't make me find you on facebook! If you get "friended" by a mysterious stranger it might just be me. ;)