Friday 18 January 2008

January

I'm being really anti-social here - but something happened...


...I joined Facebook.


Don't hate me!
It seems to be the thing that all the other 18-35s are doing! Even if
I have no interest in gathering 500 "friends", it's been nice to throw
a few hellos to people I haven't seen in a while.

Hubby is loving it.

Unlike me, he lost touch with all of his highschool friends 12 years
ago so he's been doing the big catch-up thing. All the people he went
to school with in South London look dodgy as anything, seem to still
be renting in the same neighbourhood, working in the local
supermarket, with three kids and no spouse.
I had to ask Hubby what kind of bogan, trashy school he went to!!

Apart from the crazy weather, this month has been good.
Love Sydney Festival and all the free things on this time of year:

- Loved the Brian Wilson concert in the Domain.
- Looking forward to the Sydney Symphony tommorow - hopefully it doesn't rain!
- Will try and catch some free movies at Olympic Park.
- Will definately catch Katie Noonan and Kate Miller-Heidke at the
Australia Day concert next week.
- Will also check out both Shakespeare By the Sea plays at Balmoral Beach.

Hubby's a bit stressed about work. It's all going well, but it's not
always easy to get along with his business partner who is a bit of an
arrogant little shit. He doesn't take on feedback well, stick to
processes, listen to other people's opinions or, well, work hard. And
I am NOT going to say "I told you so" because, really, they are doing
very well - it's just a personality thing that's really getting to
Hubby. They've just got to make it work.


...did I say sometime before that I hate being a grown-up with grown-up issues?

5 comments:

general_boy said...

Facebook... oh Jezzy, Jezzy, Jezzy, what a slippery slope you have placed yourself on the edge of!!!!

Man, there is soooo much happening in the city of bloggers right now I wish I was back there. *Sigh*

Enjoy yourself!

deemacgee said...

Facebook is a slimy tooth in the gaping jaws of cyberhell.

If it makes you feel any better, I was suckered into it as well... and managed to fnd a WHOLE STACK OF MY OLD SCHOOLMATES. Thankfully, I keep my real account and my stalking accounts quite apart from each other...

Grant said...

I'm 38 and therefore immune to the draw of Facebook. Heaven help me if someone rolls out Oldfartbook.com.

Kira said...

Unlike Grant, I'm not immune to Facebook. Feel free to add me! There's pictures of me, Alex, and the kids on it...just to use as enticement ;) I haven't done any of the other organization net places like that. But I haven't been intrigued by other boards. Facebook allows me to keep in touch with former students, my nieces, and a few friends. I have no regrets.

NWJR said...

Uh-oh. Next thing, you'll be joining Twitter.