Tuesday 26 February 2008

My aunt's (mum's older sister) operation has been moved forward to today. She's having a total hysterectomy and I suppose the surgeon will visually inspect for further spread of the cancer before she has scans and further lab tests later on in the week. It's very scary to think about what stage she'll be at, knowing how long she's been symptomatic.
 
Grandma and another aunt (mum's younger sis) arrived from Malaysia last week. Grandma stayed at our house over the weekend. It really made me appreciate how hard it is for that aunt to take care of Grandma full time. It's non-stop and quite exhausting.
 
Don't get me wrong - life is not a black hole at the moment. It's been nice spending practically everyday with extended family. It's all about staying positive, I suppose, and spending loads of time enjoying each other's company.

4 comments:

Grant said...

The Satannic Voodou powers of Zorzan have been employed to speed your aunt's recovery.

Kira said...

I'm so glad you can see the good side of all of this. Let us know how she is!

Anonymous said...

Hope they get all the cancer with the operation! I'm glad your mom and other aunt are there with you too!

general_boy said...

Hope all's well Jezzy, my new ( temporary ) home is here:

http://yourtimestartsnow.blackboardsky.com

:)